Saturday, November 7, 2009

6 miles

Today was the 10k Vulcan Run in downtown. This is Birmingham's oldest running 10k. Cara and I got there early for our Team Vulcan picture. I froze. And was miserable. Other people were warming up by actually running. What's the point? Running before the actual run? Seems like a waste of precious running energy to me. But then again, I'm no pro!

Due to an ongoing problem I have from two previous surgeries I wasn't actually sure I'd get to run at all. But I did. I was VERY slow, but still ran some. Cara has some pretty severe shin pain....so between my slow running and her shin pain we stuck together for the entire 6 miles. Well, she did finish 20 seconds before me, but for the most part we stuck it out together. I don't know my official time, but I think it took about 1:30.

I'm glad I did it. It was a beautiful day...and once we got running the temperature was perfect. And I'm glad my running buddy stuck with me. :)

I'm pretty sore tonight, but then again I haven't done a 6 mile run in, well, MONTHS. Here's to the half marathon I'm running/walking in less than 4 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment