Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Let's Start Over Again... and Again.... and....

Running has always been there in my life.

At early morning, growing up, found my family and I running exactly four laps around our small cul-de-sac to equal a mile. Days I hated it, days I loved it. I ended up running track and cross country in jr and high school. There was nothing like cross-country, running in the early morn while the dew flicked up in the air as I whizzed through the grass trying to be as fast as my super star brother. Track followed years later as I proved my months of training with ONE track meet against some small christian academies (I hope the homeschoolers have it better these days!). The rest of the years are filled with the ever rebounding love/hate relationship of running ranging from happily zooming along sweat free for miles to feeling like I have a tire jiggling around my waist line while struggling to finish running 400 yrds.

Right now I am in between the feelings. Four months out from giving birth to beautiful baby girl, Ava, I am determine to watch the last 15 pounds run off to fat hell. Plus if I ever have to run from the Southside crazies whilst pushing a jogging stroller... well I'll be ready!

So far I have 2 5k races under my belt in the past 3 weeks. Honestly I haven't really run to train much, but the "R UABle to Run" run at Oak Mountain was a swift and painful kick to my booty! I walked and ran it pushing a jogging stroller. Two weeks later I ran the entire Race for the Cure (without stroller). These week I'll run an 8k in Gardendale. I think I have run about 4 times outside of that. Umm mostly I DON'T recommend this sort of race training, but this is what I am doing to reach my final destination as a runner in the next 4 months...

The Mercedes Half-Marathon in February!!

I was to do it last year, but needed to fufill my whiney "I'm too sick to walk" pregnant jaunt. Thank the Lord for the power of prego recovery, because look out Half Marathon- I'm taking names and passing runners right and left!!



My wonderful family- husband Keith (lost 80 pounds running in 8 months), daughter Ava (just super cute!) and me (all nice and sweaty!).

No comments:

Post a Comment