Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Ouch

This weekend we went to the Nashville Superspeedway (yes, the one where Nascar guys race) to watch a friend of ours race his motorcycle. They raced partly on the tri-oval and partly on the infield. It was fun. We took the camper. There was plenty of room. It was really foggy and rainy the whole time, but we still had a nice time. Oh, and Tash won first place in one of his races.....AND gave David his trophy. How cool?

While we were there I went for a little jog on the infield of the track. I brought my old running shoes (without my orthotics inside) and tore up my calves. It was miserable. I only lasted about 25 minutes. Ouch!

Yesterday I started doing a new workout regimin....thanks to a friend who has challenged me to it. It's tough. Pretty hard core. And it's kicking my butt. I'm surprised that I don't feel REALLY bad today....maybe that will come tomorrow. Yesterday was full of pushups (yes, I only do the girly kind) and pull ups. Today is plyometrics (whatever that is). I'll find out soon enough when I do the workout. I'm going to try to balance the weights/strength training with running.

My friend, Emily, is going to start training for the Mercedes Half Marathon in February. So she'll be blogging about it here too. It will be good for both of us to record things here and to challenge each other. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment