Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Day 3

Today is day three. I did nothing on day two. Seriously. Nothing. I feel like a slacker. I can blame it on the weather. I did have every intention of going out to work in my garden to get it ready for the fall vegetables and rip up the plants that are no longer producing, but it poured like crazy last night. So instead, I finished reading the second book in the Twilight series. SO GOOD!

Anyhow, I woke up this morning at 5:00 to go to the gym. Surprisingly I was well rested and only hit the snooze button once. Normally at that ungodly time of the day all I can think of is sleep, but this morning was different. It probably helped that I had a 4 year old sleeping in my bed and I was on the very edge about to fall off, so after the alarm went off I couldn’t really get back to a good sleep like I normally do. Maybe I’ll invite David to sleep in our bed every night. Or maybe not.

I did about 40 minutes of walking on the treadmill. It went fine.

I’m very anxious to use weights, but until my doctor releases me I won’t do that. My appointment is next Wednesday, but I’m not even hopeful at that time that he’ll release me for weights. We’ll see.

My old friend from Clearwater, Tiffany, is chronicling her journey through P90X, including her diet. That’s a struggle for me, but it’s encouraged me to try and do the same. The key word is ‘try’. The last thing I want to do after dinner and David is in bed is spend another 20 minutes in the kitchen preparing lunches for the next day. I know I need to do that….rather than grab something in the caf or a frozen dinner (which are just disgusting). Maybe that will be my next baby step – working on preparing healthy lunches.

So for today, I’m working on drinking lots of water. I’ve not been doing that so much lately. Today I’m aiming for 6 glasses.

No comments:

Post a Comment